homestead - Re: [Homestead] A Question of Global Ethics? Morals?

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] A Question of Global Ethics? Morals?
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 22:08:59 -0400

Bunjov AT aol.com wrote:
I wasn't sure just what the subject line should read...
This evening's news tells me that the Chinese 'government' is evicting 13,000 families per month between now and August to accomodate the Olympics?
Yet, I hear no murmurs of boycott...or?

I have heard rumors boycott for weeks, mostly on the Tibet/human rights issues from Europe, but I wouldn't be a bit surprised if we boycotted them, too. We are in a financial/moral war with China, and we could get a shot in by boycotting the Olympics.

Bev
34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky