homestead - Re: [Homestead] Politics

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Politics
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 20:29:51 -0400

Are you afraid that it won't be?

I mean, historically it has been suspended during wars, in our country and in others. The problem, I think, is calling what we have "The War on Terror", because that is like the war on drugs...neverending...even a troop withdrawal doesn't mean the end of it.. All that said, I think it will be restored, and I am probably the most pessimistic person on the list. I dunno, perhaps I need to learn more on this one?

Bev

paxamicus AT earthlink.net wrote:
I'd be pretty happy to see habeas corpus restored, for one.