homestead - Re: [Homestead] Ralph Nader enters presidential race

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Ralph Nader enters presidential race
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 18:47:14 -0500

I don't know about peak metal, but most of the raws in my industry are petrochemicals, and I can say that in the last few months, supply is waning. Demand has grown to the point that some companies are offering to pay a surcharge or pay more just to get the raws (polymers, resins, and waxes) or to get higher up on the waiting list. Either someone is holding on to raws to increase demand, or the supply industry is somehow compromised because it surely isn't keeping up with the increased worldwide demand.

Bev

DSanner106 AT aol.com wrote:
Actually, these problems are somewhat real, and linked, but It has nothing to do
with global warming, the medias darling whipping boy. Peak metal production worldwide is not down,
nor is wheat supply worldwide, the difference is huge markets in China and other places
have money to spend and are taking larger supplies in these and other area. Supply is
down and prices up due to increased demand