homestead - Re: [Homestead] Ralph Nader enters presidential race

  • From: clhw AT infoave.net (clhw)
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Ralph Nader enters presidential race
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 13:56:14 -0400

Since I sent the first question, this morning's NPR news report had a blurb
on the price of wheat: at $24 per bushel, it is at the highest on record.

I know scrap metal, like junk cars, is bringing a lot.
Last month, some methhead stripped all the copper wire from one of our
barns and stole a catalytic converter off a car and a radiator off an
antique truck in the barnyard. Sheriff's department reported seeing suspect
methhead burning a pile of wire in his side yard. Husband says no one in
our state buys burned wire, but that keeps it from being as easily
identified. Neighboring state, about 20 minutes away, reportedly has places
which buy burned wire.

Neighbors have reported getting up in the morning and having well pump not
work. Investigation found wires from house to pump house cut and gone. Our
guard dogs and LGDs have died off with old age. They need to be replaced.

I have paid about $2 for a loaf of bread. Guess I need to get out the bread
machines and loaf pans and start digging in the grain storage....