homestead - Re: [Homestead] Ralph Nader enters presidential race

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Ralph Nader enters presidential race
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 11:15:45 -0800

At 2/26/2008 02:12 AM,clhw wrote:

What about wheat crop shortages?
Some people are reporting places like Whole Foods having none to sell.
Others mentioning rising price. Various reasons given, but a lot pointing
to bio-fuels. Also, weather/global warming.

The fed mandated that 10% of the gas sold in the US will be ethanol, I have heard on other lists that usual crops will not be grown so they can grow corn for the ethanol market.

Is the price of bread going up in your locale as fast as gasoline?
I paid $2.959 for 87 octane regular yesterday. Last week, it was $2.659 at
the same store.

I saw several places with reg at $3.399 yesterday, it was $3.249 at those places last week. I have not bought bread is a couple of weeks but my flour bucket is about empty, I'm afraid to see what a 50# bag of bread four is going for these days. It was $13 as I recall last time...

Rob
becida AT comcast.net