homestead - [Homestead] Cordless drill batteries

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: Homestead <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Cordless drill batteries
  • Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2008 10:45:35 -0700

My DeWalt 14.4v three-eighths-inch drill worked fine for eight years before the last of the two batteries died. Now the decision is whether to buy new or reconditioned batteries or to bite the bullet and buy a new set, probably using the lithiom batteries. Looks like batteries are about $40. I am leaning toward a reconditioned set like I have, but half-inch, for 148.69, from TylerTool--http://www.tylertool.com/dewalt8.html--because it includes two new batteries and if any part of the system fails I have a backup, other than the batteries. Anyone have experience here?