homestead - Re: [Homestead] Cordless drill batteries

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Cordless drill batteries
  • Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2008 13:51:51 -0700

On Feb 9, 2008, at 1:44 PM, WF Smith wrote:

Oops! The one below it has this "FACTORY RECONDITIONED DeWalt DC728KA
Heavy-Duty 14.4-Volt Ni-Cad 1/2-Inch Cordless Drill/Driver Kit. Includes:
One hour charger, (2) 14.4V compact batteries, Screwdriver bit, and
Heavy-duty kit box + BONUS DeWalt DW2162TT 29 Piece Titanium Screwdriving
Set a $30 Value! Like new DeWalt factory reconditioned-meets all factory
specs & is quality checked to maintain the highest standards. One year
DeWalt warranty & 30 day Tool King satisfaction guarantee" for 119.99

Thanks. That proves "it pays to shop around."

Now here is a puzzle: My old unit has been in the box for a year plus waiting for me to do something. Just for the heck of it I tried charging both batteries. One is definitely dead. The other took a charge. Of course it might last a couple minutes only.