homestead - Re: [Homestead] Cordless drill batteries

  • From: Don Bowen KI6DIU <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Cordless drill batteries
  • Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2008 12:57:49 -0800

At 2/9/2008, you wrote:
but half-inch, for 148.69, from TylerTool--http://www.tylertool.com/dewalt8.html--because
it includes two new batteries and if any part of the system fails I

Give these people a try: http://www.sunnbattery.com/

They rebuilt a Porter Cable 19V battery for about half the cost of a new one with the same one year guarantee. Several years ago I had an older Bosch 9.2V drill die and new batteries were more than a new on sale 14.4V set. I recently had a charger die on another set. New at Lowe's was $49 and to get mine fixed was $50.

I do like the idea of two cordless drills. I have the Bosch 14.4V and a Porter Cable 19.6V. It is handy having two.

Don Bowen Awl Knotted Up KI6DIU
http://www.braingarage.com