homestead - Re: [Homestead] Smoke Out was Moles

  • From: Bill Jones <billj AT harborside.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Smoke Out was Moles
  • Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2008 08:50:33 -0800

i heard they work for a while... like reflective tape for scaring birds.

Lynda wrote:

If the windmill and vibrations would work, what about one of those 50s yard
thingys that went clackity clack and spun in the wind? Whirly gigs???

Re: Moles
Don't know why I am still thinking about this, but...
With today's emission standards and the extent of tunnels you would need
to cover, it might take a tank of gas to do the job. Spring traps and
castor bean plants would be cheaper and prettier. I have longed to have
a faux windmill in the garden as they say the vibration keeps them at bay.