homestead - Re: [Homestead] Cordless drill batteries

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Cordless drill batteries
  • Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2008 14:07:48 -0700

On Feb 9, 2008, at 11:02 AM, WF Smith wrote:

I'm a Dewalt fan based on my and my employees experiences with them.

I am a serious DeWalt fan. My first power tool was a DeWalt nine-inch radial arm saw I bought 46-47 years ago. It has been used plenty. I have wired it back and forth from 120 to 240 depending on power source and hauled it around to many new residences. The motor has never had a lick of work. It sits in my garage here and still does anything I ask of it, accurately.

Based on that history I bought a couple years ago the twelve-inch DeWalt sliding miter saw. I am totally happy with it.

A premium with the above was a 5/8-inch air brad nailer. Haven't tried it yet.

I bought last year a DeWalt corded half-inch drill. I changed the chuck to keyless. I like it fine, except I am still getting used to the power. Have gouged my hands a bit from forgetting to unplug when changing a bit when it still had the keyed chuck.