homestead - Re: [Homestead] Moles

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Moles
  • Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 01:28:48 -0800

He needs a doggie shrink <g> He is obviously suffering from an identity crisis!

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene GeRue" <genegerue AT ruralize.com>

I have tried to excite Benny when I see a mole tunnel moving. He could
care less. But he energetically chases everything above-ground and, if
he could fly, turkey buzzards would be in big trouble.

There is a groundhog who lives about three hundred feet west of the
Heartwood house. It crosses a mowed area perhaps fifty feet wide to go
to the stream for water. I see it as hopeless, but Benny has still not
given up on the possibility of catching and killing that fellow. He
runs like a young pup full speed every time he sees the groundhog
which of course dives into his hole. Benny thoroughly sniffs the area,
finally gives up and comes back to the house. Next day, same movie.