homestead - Re: [Homestead] Moles

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Moles
  • Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 22:08:17 -0800

A friend plants marigolds by the millions and gopher plants. Narey a mole,
gopher or vole to be seen in her garden yet about halfway across her chicken
yard the lumps and bumps begin and her neighbor is spending millions to buy
poisons and traps.

Also, if the trail isn't too extensive and you can find various points to dig a little hole in their underground highway, flares work. Light them, stick them in the hole and pack a little dirt around them and it sucks all the oxygen out and smothers the little creaps.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene GeRue" <genegerue AT ruralize.com>

Forgive me, to the tune of Witchy Woman, I am now thinking wooo hooo
wimpy womannn.

Just wait until one of your fully fruited maters falls over and upon
investigation you find a giant cave where the roots used to get
moisture and nutrients. The only good mole is a gone mole. Now I do
like the thought of a garlic fence all around the garden as you mused
in your blog.

Checked out your blog. Well written and interesting. Do you really
have witch hazel blooming in early November? Heartwood is not far
north of your latitude and I always figured January.

What does a metals analyst do? Yeah, yeah, analyze metals. Duh. And
how does a metal become so stinky? Or does your lab handle other stuff?