homestead - Re: [Homestead] wood stoves

  • From: VAN DELL JORDAN <vdjor AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] wood stoves
  • Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 07:46:22 -0800 (PST)

I'm ready to put one in workshop, Just primarily
wanting to know if anyone has knowledge I should be
aware of when building/using one. I imagine that the
heat retention is not very much, so it will cool off
faster than most stoves once the fire is out. Any
serious fire risk, assuming used with reasonable
precautions.
Use in house? Maybe just until finding a good buy on
a better stove? Son is considering one in the
basement as daughter in law would never allow that in
the living area. That way when he could have a fire
built it would provide some heat but regular gas
furnace would kick in when stove was not fueled.
Van Dell