homestead - Re: [Homestead] Tilting at oil derricks

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Tilting at oil derricks
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 21:30:45 EST

> It's a scary idea to think through if you're used to regularly filling up
> your car as I do while I taxi my children and foster client to appointments
> and for sports (not to mention other errands), but I prefer the unsettling
> queasy feeling in my stomach that occurs every single time I read about Peak
> Oil to not knowing anything about it.

Lisa, that's an admirable attitude. In another formum touching on Peak Oil,
I explained all the whisling past the graveyard like this: Proof that oil
will not always be as cheap and abundant is more disturbing and more
shocking
to people than would be proof that there is no God. They cannot, will not
accept it nor even entertain it. It just can't, can't, can't be so.

By the way, there are 10 types of people in the world, those us understand
binary and those who don't. </HTML>