homestead - Re: [Homestead] Forget oil and housing, let's talk about water...

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Forget oil and housing, let's talk about water...
  • Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 11:38:19 -0400

On 10/21/07, Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com> wrote:

> That was in the good
> old days when Sandra and I were fighting to get the stealth bombers
> to stop overflying our organic gardens on instrument-controlled five
> hundred foot training missions. They figured this was a good
> territory for it, good irregular terrain and few people to kill or to
> have become agitators. They responded favorably and moved the flight
> plans north.

Gene, we are on a path for regular training missions. We hear the jets
screaming and rumbling overhead long before we see them. Some days they are
up to a mile away (and the noise is less so) and others they are literally
flying directly overhead. Every time it feels like it's the start of WWIII.
In 7 years I've heard them 150x (it occurs 2x a month +/- but sometimes as
frequent as 1x/wk), it never fails to scare the dickens out of me. I holler
out to my family "I love you!" every time.

The first time it happened back then it was a warm October day, I was
outside hanging laundry on the line. The jet flew directly over head and I
almost fell flat to the ground as I looked for my youngest son (then 5) who
was in the garden playing.

So you can actually get them to change their path and share the heart
palpitations with other families?

Thanks.

Lisa