homestead - Re: [Homestead] Forget oil and housing, let's talk about water...

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Forget oil and housing, let's talk about water...
  • Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 10:21:24 -0500

On Oct 21, 2007, at 10:14 AM, Don Bowen KI6DIU wrote:

At 10/21/2007, you wrote:
Interesting that Google Earth and Google Maps differs. What's that
about, besides lack of confidence?

I get the same results in both.

Wow. I will redo.

At this point I am thinking that my brother's GPS, Google Earth and two GPS units operated by the US Air Force all got the same result. I will check my old journals on what the Air Force got. In those days the GPS units were only good to about thirty feet, I believe, but will certainly be good enough for this purpose. That was in the good old days when Sandra and I were fighting to get the stealth bombers to stop overflying our organic gardens on instrument-controlled five hundred foot training missions. They figured this was a good territory for it, good irregular terrain and few people to kill or to have become agitators. They responded favorably and moved the flight plans north.