homestead - [Homestead] GPS, sheet rock, and concrete

  • From: Don Bowen KI6DIU <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] GPS, sheet rock, and concrete
  • Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 08:34:25 -0700

My first GPS application was a 19 in rack mount connected to a computer via IEE-488 bus. It was too big for the drone so it only gave launch information and the plane had to use dead reckoning to keep track of itself. Now I have one that fits in the palm of my hand and displays everything on a small screen. Another is about 1.5 inches square and connects tot he computer via USB.

Time to stop playing with the computer. Yesterday's adventure continues. I walked out to the garage Friday to find a growing water puddle under the water heater. Yesterday was spent taking the old one out, digging out wet wallboard, waiting for things to dry, running to the hardware store, cutting and installing sheetrock. By yesterday evening I was losing things right in front of me so it was time to retire to a nice bottle of New Belgium Brewing 2 Degrees Below.

Today I have to mix a batch of concrete to seal off a small hole, finish the sheetrock, tape and sand, paint, install water heater, solder relief valve plumbing, wait for water to heat, shower, and maybe have two beers.

Don Bowen Awl Knotted Up KI6DIU
http://www.braingarage.com

  • [Homestead] GPS, sheet rock, and concrete, Don Bowen KI6DIU, 10/21/2007