homestead - Re: [Homestead] Bench and clamps

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Bench and clamps
  • Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 17:42:56 -0500

On Oct 3, 2007, at 2:11 PM, Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:

I have around 120 clamps in three
sizes 1", 4", and 5" with a few larger and a few much larger. I tried the
overhead rack but when a few of those big clamps nearly missed my head, didn't
miss my toe, and far worse, nearly fell on the work piece, I took them all
down.

Thus far, my favorite storage place for C-clamps is a horizontal two- by-four screwed to studs or acting as a collar beam on gable roof rafters. I have not nearly as many as I desire, a really heavy load would require new thinking.