homestead - Re: [Homestead] Bench and clamps

  • From: Don Bowen KI6DIU <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Bench and clamps
  • Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 10:57:32 -0700

At 10/3/2007, you wrote:
Don, serious question. Is there any sane way of storing a large number of
the cast iron C clamps?

I have seen all sorts of methods, some sane, some???? I have about 70 of various sizes that have migrated from a box on the floor to a horizontal 2X4 rack that took up too much room when low and worried me when high. Then there was a nice horizontal rack on casters but they had to be clamped and that took time. The rack on casters did a good job for bar and Handi clamps but heavy weight cast C and bar clamps are a problem. If I ever get a shop back I have some ideas to try.

Don Bowen Awl Knotted Up KI6DIU
http://www.braingarage.com