homestead - Re: [Homestead] Morning musing

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Morning musing
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 20:58:05 EDT

Gene,

> In Arizona, the market I currently know best, the population is
> increasing very strongly. Some sources say it is number one, some say
> number two in the nation

You're there and I'm not. All I have to go on are numerous (numerous,
numerous) economists and economic prognosticators who say that, well, as some
of
them put it crudely, Phoenix is the "epicenter of the housing cash", for
example
(sorry about the long URL, I couldn't bet it to link on the shorter one):

http://biz.yahoo.com/cnnm/070919/091907_steep_home_price_drops_coming.html?.v=
2&.pf=real-estate

"Six of the nation's 10 biggest cities face price declines of 1 percent or
more with Phoenix, at a 17.8 percent loss, undergoing the worst reversal."

Prognostications and guessing to be sure, but isn't that what everyone is
doing, the doomers and Pollyannas as well.

James </HTML>