homestead - Re: [Homestead] Morning musing

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Morning musing
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 16:05:10 -0500

On 9/20/07, Lynda <lurine AT softcom.net> wrote:
> WAIT! Hold one, I missed that one. What tax write off for SUVs?

It's been a whle since I've had a bidness, but if you get a vehicle
above a certain weight for use in yours, there is a write off. You can
use it as a personal vehicle so long as you still have a bidness. The
write off was supposed to help small bidnesses that need light trucks,
panel trucks, etc, but the result was that bidnesses were able to
write off Hummers. We used it for our 3/4-ton pickup that we were
using to haul milk.

After the tax exemption went into place -- I know this is a big
surprise -- SUVs proliferated. Many weren't subsidized, but many were.

Yourr tax dollars at work.

Marie