homestead - Re: [Homestead] Garden water infrastructure

  • From: Bill Jones <billj AT harborside.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Garden water infrastructure
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 16:18:45 -0700

Lynda wrote:

That's not what the well guy told me, nor any of the countless people that have mentioned it to me. The law apparently makes it clear that all water belongs to the State. I'm not completely sure that this is even the right bill, since like most its title is such nonsense. Besides, what difference would all this make? If they want it badly enough, they'll find a way, as long as we allow this sort of nanny state to exist. What choice would you have when they give the order? My understanding is that wells have been condemned, just because the water district wanted to put in a water line and wanted to force everyone to use it. It happened to the people at the bottom of my street. If my elevation were slightly lower, I'd be screwed.

As for your second paragraph, this statement is a condensed summary written by the very folks who are promoting it. Water Watch, or something like that. If you'd like to visit the website, I can find it again. Funny how they seem to know _exactly_ what this bill will do for them, even if you or I could never figure out all that liawyer crap. Isn't that just ideal for them?

Bill

Bill, have you actually read the Act? Unless you consider that you own a river or stream and the water in it, they can't take away "your" water. It does put a crimp in the waste of "I had my permit first" folks.

As to the other bill, it would take a month of Sundays to unravel all the parts of that one. Everything refers to permits and licenses and back again. Obviously written by lawyers with more time on their hands than sense!

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Jones" <billj AT harborside.com>