homestead - Re: [Homestead] Life in the 1500's

  • From: Mjkoaktreecottag AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Life in the 1500's
  • Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 12:56:09 EDT

Fortunately, my mom loved to talk about the past and about daily life on the
farm and also relate stories that had been told to her by her mother, who
died at 98. Their combined life experience stretched bak to a few years
after
the Civil War, but since my mom passed 2 years ago, I've realized that there
was a lot more that I should have asked about, especially as I am preparing
her estate for an auction in Sept. None of her 10 grandchildren seem to be
interested in the family history (which includes the French & Indian War
period
on the frontier) or in family antiques or "old" things, or even just the
stories I found so interesting...
maggie