homestead - Re: [Homestead] Rob's Bread Reinvented

  • From: Mjkoaktreecottag AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Rob's Bread Reinvented
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 20:03:07 EDT

Lurine~
Thanks for sending Rob's Bread recipe. I will try it soon, but it sounds
very much like the bread that we bake in an outdoor brick oven (at the
museum
where I work as a volunteer), which I had not thought to bake at home @ 500
[!] degrees. That's barely warm in our wood-fired oven, but that 500 temp
should give it a good crust in my old oven. That's one of the things people
like
about the brick-oven baked bread.
Has anyone tried the NY TIMES Dutch Oven/Casserole Bread recipe yet???
That's another "must try", as soon as we get a cooler day or I get busy and
do it
early, which is the nice thing acout a recipe that lets you set rhe sponge
the night before, like Rob's bread, because I can work on it as soon as I
have
my Cheerios.. Our VA humidity discourages using the oven after about 10 AM
in July.
Thanks again,
maggie