homestead - Re: [Homestead] Happy birthday to Bucky, a small man who gave hugely

  • From: clhw AT infoave.net (clhw)
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Happy birthday to Bucky, a small man who gave hugely
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 22:08:01 -0400

I have a sheet of the commemorative stamps with Bucky's picture and a dome
in the background. He helped to found a college for the off-beat artists
and genius-level people in the small town of Black Mountain, NC. The
effects of that college are still felt in the area today.

I've always wanted to construct a home from a dome. The companies selling
his starplates have multiplied lately.

Thanks, Gene, for the reminder of his contributions and the salute to his
birthday.
Lynn