homestead - Re: [Homestead] Rob's Bread Reinvented

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Rob's Bread Reinvented
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 08:43:43 -0700

On Jul 4, 2007, at 7:43 AM, Rob wrote:

If I'm going to use for pizza dough I just grab it after the first
rise, cut it to the number of crusts I'm making, let it rest for 5-10
min then use it.

I get a second rise by putting the skin into a cold oven and then bringing oven temp gradually up to 350. Yeasties gasp and die at about 140. I prebake my skins because my pizzas are heavy and the skins would be slimy and thin if not for the second rise and the prebake.