homestead - Re: [Homestead] Advice on cooking crusts/biscuits

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Advice on cooking crusts/biscuits
  • Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 10:12:30 -0400

lol, I have no idea of what it is called either..just picking at you..
Did you get your job?

Wendy wrote:
No, I know the whites are called albumin, silly. I'm talking about the stages of beating egg whites. There's unbeaten, (the one I can't remember), froth, soft peak, hard peak. It might be called the "liquid" stage, but not sure. Its when the thick and the runny parts of the white have been incorporated into each other and all the egg white has the same smooth consistancy. OK? My grand mother always called the thick part of the white the "snot" and I don't know what it is really called, if it even has a real name.

Wen
:-)

You don't need to beat them into a froth, just enough to be sure it
is well broken up without "snot" (sorry, I don't know what you call it when
it comes up in long strings when you pick a fork through it, but you know
what I mean).
LOL, albumin??