homestead - Re: [Homestead] Advice on cooking crusts/biscuits

  • From: tonitime AT juno.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Advice on cooking crusts/biscuits
  • Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 15:09:44 -0400

Hi Bev,
Cooking is one of our fortes here, so glad to give my opinion. AND i
love anything in pie crust.
No - it will not be crispy and flaky like those poot pies ( as my kids
called 'em). It would be soft and doughy.
If you don't have time for pie crust or are pie-crust-impaired, I'd pick
up some of those boxes of instant, add water crust to use. They are
about a buck. and will probably make at least three poot pies, which you
can freeze, filled, and unbaked.

The layers of butter/shortening/lard particles in the crust are what make
it wondrous. Biscuit dough won't do that marvelous thing.

What a great wife you are!
Toni