homestead - Re: [Homestead] Spring's first!

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Spring's first!
  • Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 06:50:14 -0700

On Mar 22, 2007, at 7:57 PM, VAN DELL JORDAN wrote:

Gene,
Is your house out there near the edge of developed
area. We never had scorpions in the center of the
city. I guess we were just too far from their natural
habitat?

We are on North 17th Way, an eight-house cul-de-sac at the extreme east end of the Sunnyslope area, two blocks short of the Phoenix Mountains Preserve. North of Northern, south of Mountain View, east of twelfth street. The area is like a wide box canyon, with mountains on the north, east, south, and long range views to the west of the White Tanks.

Any land close to a wild area has wild critters. Neighbors say there used to be wild pigs in the street occasionally. Coyotes are common. Cottontails and quail abound. Snakes and scorpions are less admired.

Google Earth says we are at:
33 degrees 34 minutes 18.44 seconds N
112 degrees 02 minutes 40.53 seconds W
Elevation 1,404 feet, which provides panoramic sunsets followed by city lights

A great place to live if one prefers to live in a city.

It's for sale.