homestead - Re: [Homestead] Spring's first!

  • From: "Jerry W. Shepperd" <shepperd AT austincc.edu>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Spring's first!
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 15:31:48 -0500

We are in tick AND scorpion country. We have both pretty much year around. It seems that with each scorpion bite the effects get worse. Either that or I'm getting weaker.

Jerry Shepperd

At 02:45 PM 3/21/2007, you wrote:

On Mar 21, 2007, at 7:00 AM, tonitime AT juno.com wrote:

> Oh my....today is the first day of spring, a few days back there was a
> wee bit of snowfall. AND, my girl, Gracie, came out of her bedroom
> with
> the first tick or the season found on her pillow! Yikes, isn't it a
> little early for that one??

Wanna trade ticks for scorpions? I walked into the master bathroom a
couple nights ago, turned on the light, and jerked back from a two-
inch scorpion trying to climb out of my sink.

We are looking forward to getting back into tick country.

http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/options/homestead/shepperd%40austincc.edu

Jerry W. Shepperd, Ph. D.
Professor and Chair, Behavioral Sciences Department
Austin Community College
1212 Rio Grande Street
Austin, Texas 78701

512-223-3057

"Let your first ethical decision of each day be to show up on time."
-- Barbara Jordan

"Not all researchers are good teachers, but all good teachers are researchers."

"Silence is not always golden; sometimes it's yellow."