homestead - Re: [Homestead] Bamboo question..(

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Bamboo question..(
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 17:20:15 -0700

On Mar 21, 2007, at 6:43 AM, tonitime AT juno.com wrote:

I have had two online trades fall thru on getting hardy bamboo for our
farm. I have containers ready and the beginnings of a Japanese-style
garden area. What would that spot in our paradise be w/o bamboos?! I
wish the clumping types grew in zone 6aish - and i'd have them in ground
now.

Please tell us more of what you know about this. Heartwood is 6a-6b transition area. If weather keeps warming as it has lately, we may be solidly 6b. I would very much like to grow some bamboo for construction purposes.