homestead - Re: [Homestead] homestead update

  • From: "Wendy" <crazygardens AT verizon.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] homestead update
  • Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 23:09:02 -0500

That's about right for Polycarbonate. The cheap stuff you need to replace every year to two. The only greenhouse covering I know of that will last as long as you is glass. I had looked into greenhouse coverings a few years ago and decided that any greenhouse I would put up would be glass.

Wendy

We'll see..I paid $27/sheet for the Suntuf Polycarbonate that's up there
now, all cracked and brittle from UV damage. If anyone is interested in
building a greenhouse, I don't recommend this stuff-it lasted only 5-6
years.

Bev