homestead - Re: [Homestead] homestead update

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] homestead update
  • Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 23:03:30 -0500

Wendy wrote:
Nothing in my field. Just a laborer at an aluminum extrusion plant. It pays very well for around here, the bennies are great and it is only about 10min from my house.

The 10 minutes thing sounds good to me..I know I find a lot more
motivation when I don't have to drive far.
I had given up hope finding work as a chemist. I looked after I first
moved up here, again in 2002, and in 2005, I spent 4 months hitting the
pavement, sending out resumes, and searching online. I gave up and
ended up taking a job at the Piggly Wiggly for a paycheck. Aluminum
extrusion sounds better than the Pig. :) I only worked there a few
months, and I haven't worked since. I haven't been looking for a job,
either. We just cut way back and have been struggling through the past
year. So, imagine my surprise when out of the blue two weeks ago, I got
an email from one of the companies where I had applied in 2005. In
Calhoun, at 17 miles from home(25 minutes), it is the closest place to
the house that I had applied. We'll see what they end up offering me in
the way of benefits and salary. I'm just going to take it one day at a
time. I may work only a few months, or I may work for 20 years..Anyway,
don't give up hope. Something good can happen when you least expect it.
That same week, I was feeling really sorry for myself and
down...feeling like I couldn't do anything right...then BAM!, one email
gets me back on track...it can happen..just believe. :)

Bev
--
Bevanron of EarthNSky Farm Sleep well tonight, for somewhere in the
ocean's depths, MY son is protecting YOUR freedom.