homestead - Re: [Homestead] Curveballs

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Curveballs
  • Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 00:23:32 -0500

The interview went really well today. I have another one with the company president "at the end of the week" (I think it will be the first part of next week, but whatever) Anyway, my appointment was at 2pm, and of course, I arrived early, so we started at 1:45. He basically treated me like it was my first day at work...lol...we even had a coffee and smoke break(together)..lol...then continued on..until 5pm. Marathon job interview..lol..Anyway, it looks good and I am hopeful. If I have to work, this is the kind of job I want. No dressing up, M-F, co-workers with a sense of humor, small company, getting in on the ground floor kind of thing as the co. is in the process of major expansion both in size and profits...and while we did not talk specifically about salary, I know it will pay better than any other job I've had. It's as close to home as I could ask for, and Ron and I can carpool to work. Paid weekly, insurance paid 100% on me, holidays..all the normal ones plus holidays like Good Friday and Christmas Eve...varied duties, even some travel eventually. It all sounds pretty good to me...so if it is offered, I will probably take it unless I see something at the next interview that changes my mind. Just keeping y'all updated...
Tomorrow, I'll be watering my seedlings and catching up on stuff around the house..just in case.

Bev
--
EarthNSky Farm Somewhere in the ocean's depths, MY son is protecting OUR freedom. He's only 19, and his sub won't be back until 7/29/07.