homestead - Re: [Homestead] Curveballs

  • From: clhw AT InfoAve.Net (clhw)
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Curveballs
  • Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 06:40:49 -0400

Best wishes, Bev.
I'm a couple of days behind on downloading email because of a wreck my
daughter and I were in. I look forward to reading the follow-up on your
interview.

I took this sort of step a few years back and wound up working for 14
months before the position was eliminated. It was a challenge to have the
right clothes, to do the commuting, to let the farm things go, but I think
it was good for me. Having some more income on your record helps the Social
Security check, which I will be drawing in a few months. Your timing looks
to be good, with both children out of the house, and a dry spell for
income. During the spring and summer, you can use the after hours time to
unwind in your garden. Just don't try to get all those tomatoes grown!
Lynn