homestead - Re: [Homestead] [Hometead] Curveballs

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] [Hometead] Curveballs
  • Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 23:27:20 -0500

I faced this same problem, having not worked in so many years, then getting RA and not being able to work. I fell short on the number of credits needed, too. Thanks to meds, at least now I can have some quality of life again, and work.

VAN DELL JORDAN wrote:
I want to emphasize the importance of checking with
social security. Sue stopped work to raise children
the went to school for a while. Once she was disabled
we discovered that she was to quarters short of having
enough work credits to qualify, even for regular
disability. Won't collect any SS at all except as my
spouse.
Van Dell

--- clhw <clhw AT InfoAve.Net> wrote:

I took this sort of step a few years back and wound
up working for 14
months before the position was eliminated. It was a
challenge to have the
right clothes, to do the commuting, to let the farm
things go, but I think
it was good for me. Having some more income on your
record helps the Social
Security check, which I will be drawing in a few
months.

Lynn