homestead - [Homestead] Brussels Sprouts

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: Homestead List <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Brussels Sprouts
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 10:59:57 -0500

I have tried unsuccessfully to grow brussel sprouts. I read a webpage
last night,
http://www.urbanext.uiuc.edu/veggies/brusselssprouts1.html
That talks about the long growing season needed, etc. etc.
All this time, I have been attempting to grow Long Island, and I'm not
sure I realized that there was at least one other type of OP sprouts.
After reading the review of the Long Island, I am thinking of trying a
different variety and was wondering what variety (OP only please) you
grow and where you live. I know/realize now that part of my problem was
treating bs's like broccoli and cabbage, but now I see that it would
neve mature in time, which is exactly what seems to happen. I did try
growing it in the fall, but haven't had much luck for a variety of reasons. I'd appreciate any growing tips and especially variety selections.

Bev
--
Bevanron of EarthNSky Farm Sleep well tonight, for somewhere in the
ocean's depths, MY son is protecting YOUR freedom.