homestead - Re: [Homestead] Brussels Sprouts

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Brussels Sprouts
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 12:46:59 -0500

exactly my experience, too.
OK...I keep saying this, but I'm gonna try growing them "one more time"..lol

Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:

when I have removed the lower leaves after the sprouts begin to form, this seems to cause the sprouts to open. What did I do wrong?

If you figure that out, please post it here. The same thing has happened with my sprouts a good number of times. If I don't remove the leaves, the leaves just keep getting bigger and the sprouts don't. If I remove the leaves, sometimes good sprouts form but just as often there forms a loose rosette of leaves like micro-collards.