homestead - Re: [Homestead] Brussels Sprouts

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Brussels Sprouts
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 14:58:38 -0500

Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:

Bev, couldn't tell if you were addressing this to someone specifically, so pardon the intrusion otherwise.

Nope, it was a general "you" question...in speech, I wooda said y'all. :)

There is a very good type available from Nichols (at least) called Rubine. It's red, like red cabbage, but only a little shorter season than Long Island.

I saw that one listed on the page link I put on the group, but have never tried it. I've only grown the Long Island, and not successfully.
Are there only two varieties of OP sprouts?
Thanks for the tips. I have filed it for later.

Bev

--
Bevanron of EarthNSky Farm Sleep well tonight, for somewhere in the ocean's depths, MY son is protecting YOUR freedom.