homestead - Re: [Homestead] The future of the Web

  • From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The future of the Web
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 10:50:06 -0500

... If you come across a good informative website, I suggest you save the
whole
thing as a file, because it might not be there tomorrow, or if it is,
you will probably have to pay to see it. The web is growing, sure, but
the question is, what is it growing into? Information, especially free
information, is getting harder to find, not easier, at least in my
experience.

How true, the web was a much better place years ago when displaying
images was an option in the browser. I agree with the saving web
pages, especially if you might want to go back to the information.

I have a ton of good homesteading information on my computer, that
I've started to print off and save in binders.

I'm a believer in disruption of the grid. If there is an extended
period of no electicity, I'll never access that information again.

I enjoy the communication and fellowship that email offers. The
information on the web is great. I think that in general, the internet
is going to propel this trend of being dependent on machines and is
definately not going to promote self-sufficiency.

Rob - Va