homestead - Re: [Homestead] The future of the Web

  • From: "Warren F. Smith" <WarrenSmith AT PalmettoBuilders.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The future of the Web
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 10:25:09 -0500

Unrelated, but maybe not- I received an ipod as an unrequested gift this
past christmas. At first I couldn’t even imagine a use for it, because
I'm not a headphone or earbud guy. Nor am I much on current pop music.

However- since then I have copied every one of my music cds to it, and
put the cd's away. I have a cheap speaker set here in my office and at
home, like a computer speaker set with a dc adaptor for power, and I can
plug up and choose from 100's of songs I never bothered with before
because of the hassle of carrying CDs. (That’s another story- whoever
thought carrying a CD around would be a problem after fussing with LPs).

Anyway, I'm just sharing a use for a modern device I never thought I'd
be using. BTW, we are on dial-up at home too, and this ipod came without
a setup disc- the required software is a 37mb download, so I had to
d/load it at work and burn it to a disc, so be sure to request a
software disc if you purchase one packaged without.