homestead - Re: [Homestead] The future of the Web

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The future of the Web
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 18:57:33 -0500

From: "EarthNSky" <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>

> There's gonna come a day, for me, when I will no longer be online.
> Already, I feel really outdated on so many things.

Bev; I'm being left in the stone age, too. No cell phone, iPod,
Blackberry, etc. But hey! I've got a portable CD player!

I'm fortunate that my ex is a techie...he pays for cable modem so he can
webcam and IM with the kids...I get to ride along for free :-).

BUT my computer is so old that the software that runs on it is no longer
supported. I got this computer USED at least 7 or 8 years ago. When I got
it, I upgraded to Windows 98, and that's the highest it will run. Zone
Alarm and Adobe updates don't support Windows 98, and Norton will soon
follow. To make matters worse, the monitor konked out this year and I
replaced it with an old one from the junk computer shed...a VGA 640x480. I
have to scroll back and forth to read webpages. My lifeline with the world
(internet) is one thing I won't give up...gotta start putting those
pennies in a jar for a new computer.

Lynn Wigglesworth
Peasant Farmer
Tioga County, PA