homestead - Re: [Homestead] Permaculture

  • From: tonitime AT juno.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Permaculture
  • Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 10:37:23 -0500

Oh Gene, We also were so, so spoiled in the first 45 years of life in
CA. Abundant English Walnuts from orchards that grew all around my
childhood home, and Mom's almond trees in the back yard. Both nuts so
easy to crack and have more bounty within! Now, we gather the Hickory
and Black Walnuts, enjoy their flavors, but pine for those easy, meaty
nuts of the past. Whenever a gift box comes from CA - some pack the
goods therein with unshelled nuts rather than those horrid packing
peanuts - what a fine day that is!
Toni in KY