homestead - Re: [Homestead] Permaculture

  • From: tonitime AT juno.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Permaculture
  • Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 09:01:56 -0500

Thanks for the reply, clhw!
Odd, the fields where the Black Walnuts are growing ( they are very
old!), hasn't been bush hogged in a few years and i do scout around them.
No sign of seedlings at all in the mess. I am one who scavenges for
trees, so do not think i am missing any there. I will ask a forester
buddy of mind what he thinks. He's been a great pal and resource of
young nut trees that are natives. I hate to think of them going away out
here, as the biggest is quite old, and has had a few big limbs drop in
the last two years - and nut production dropped off about the same time.
Maybe it's just these few years and the weather changes causing it. I
know how slowly they move in life ( thinking Ents!!).
Toni in KY