homestead - Re: [Homestead] Permaculture

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Permaculture
  • Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 12:33:51 -0700

I wonder why the Black Walnuts are never self-propagating
around these farms? Do any of you ever have any wildlings come up from
them?

I have them as weeds. Mow many every year. Let me know when you are coming and I will restrain myself. This year we had extraordinary nut production. That would predict an extraordinary squirrel population next year but the seedlings will be up by the time the little guys learn how to crack walnuts.