homestead - [Homestead] Go gentle into that good night

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Go gentle into that good night
  • Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 09:34:40 -0700

I suppose it's inevitable that I'd add this to the thread, but do you all
intend to "go gentle into that good night"??

Dylan's exhortation was to fulfill one's passions. He apparently did not foresee that one might run out of passions. Seems to me the issue is of energy and habit formed by long purposeful activity.

I have always had more interests, more passions, than I have time to fulfill. My intention is to continue living as long as I am enjoying life by pursuing those passions. I expect to run out of time before I run out of passions. I expect that as physical strength wanes I will change activity focus. My last days may well be a return to writing what might be useful to others.