homestead - [Homestead] Corrected vertical log links.

  • From: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Corrected vertical log links.
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 07:49:51 -0800

At 12/12/2006, you wrote:
I am not sure how many of these are good, I have not tested them all.

There were several bad links, try this list.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=vertical+log+building&btnG=Google+Search
http://www.alaskacabin.net/
http://www.farmshow.com/issues/28/05/280501.asp
http://www.google.com/search?num=20&hl=en&lr=&newwindow=1&safe=off&q=piece+on+piece%2C+log+construction&btnG=Search
http://www.google.com/search?q=poteauxenterre&num=20&hl=en&lr=&newwindow=1&safe=off&filter=0
http://tribes.tribe.net/cheapshelter/photos/70b56d4c-b3f7-459a-af0a-84e
http://tribes.tribe.net/cheapshelter/photos/70b56d4c-b3f7-459a-af0a-84ec58c15cb7
http://images.library.uiuc.edu:8081/cdm4/results.php?CISOOP1=any&CISOFIELD1=CISOSEARCHALL&CISOROOT=/tdc&CISOBOX1=construction

Don Bowen Awl Knotted Up KI6DIU
http://www.braingarage.com
My travel journal

I am omnivagant.
From clhw AT InfoAve.Net Tue Dec 12 11:06:05 2006
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 11:05:51 -0400
From: clhw AT InfoAve.Net (clhw)
To: bartermn AT epix.net, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
Subject: Re: [Homestead] Solo building methods

We have attempted to avoid plastics in the past.
There may be some compromises in the future. ;-)
Thanks for suggesting this.

Sorry, but I have no suggestions for the sublayers.

Like you and the roughness of the plaster, my husband agonizes over needing
perfect sheetrock seams and sanding. We have some rooms which have been
waiting 15 years to be done right. I've considered murals and have seen a
home where an artistically-inclined friend has used them to good effect.
Maybe now that the youngest has declared an art major in college, I can
turn her loose on the walls in the name of practice or project!

I agree that old ceiling tiles look like crap, especially if stained or
chipped. Have you looked at new ones? I haven't but recall several past
ceiling tile jobs and they looked good to me and the owners. They are
one of the easiest ceilings to install.