homestead - Re: [Homestead] My plans for solo building

  • From: Keith B <bartermn AT epix.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] My plans for solo building
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 23:00:53 -0500

tonitime AT juno.com wrote:

Our good friends were caretakers at our cabin home out here for many
years. After a big ice storm came thru, they were able to build a
heckuva beautiful home from the sad debris of the forest all around - a
small 2-story cordwood home. Alot of handwork, but oh-so lovely, warm
and tight. Is this a building method you have ever thought about?

Is there an associated website where folk from this group might post
photos?

Hi Toni,
Good to see you again. I do have a book about cordwood construction, How to Build Log-End Houses, by Robert L. Roy (and a few others by Rob). You're right, they are beautiful houses. I'd love to see some photos of your friend's place. Maybe at Yahoo Photos like Bev did? Or even one sent P-mail.