homestead - Re: [Homestead] Shotgun size for homestead

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Shotgun size for homestead
  • Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2006 08:29:16 -0700

What did I say that makes you think I am afraid to kill instead of scare?

Stop being defensive and putting words in my mouth. I said, ". . . you don't really want to kill anything . . . ." Nothing about afraid. Although it seems to me that fear is the strongest emotion besides love.

You have written on several occasions about the neighbor's dog killing your chickens and you really didn't want to shoot him. I know you are afraid of the criminal neighbor and sensibly don't want to rile him but beyond that I have taken the sense that you are not big on killing things except to eat.

Truth be told, I have evolved to not really wanting to kill anything. That feeling will never persuade me to eliminate my arsenal.