homestead - Re: [Homestead] Shotgun size for homestead

  • From: "Gloria Morris" <gloriamorris59 AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Shotgun size for homestead
  • Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 12:36:49 -0600

On 12/5/06, Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com> wrote:

Guns are not for scaring. Guns are for killing. If you choose not to
kill, then don't buy a gun. And never, never, never point a gun at
anything you aren't willing to shoot and kill if necessary.
Especially two-legged critters. It just makes them more dangerous.

Couldn't have said it better, Gene.

For home defense, I personally like my .35, loaded with .357 hollow
points. It has very good stopping power, and has a reasonably decent
range - enough for my purposes anyway. It also fits my hands, which
are too small to really wrap around and control some of the larger
pistols. It would take out a two-legged varmint, and it would work
decently on many four-legged varmints too, though Sam usually keeps
the four-leggeds away quite nicely without my assistance. My pistol
obviously won't take out something at rifle distance, but for me that
is OK. Just a thought, Bev, since you noted that you have trouble with
larger guns.

Gloria